Application form - Volunteering Fund
Charities, voluntary organisations and community organisations in west Cheshire with an income of less than £300,000 are eligible to apply for grants of up to £5,000 to enhance or secure their existing volunteering programmes.
At the Marjory Boddy Trust, we recognise the impact the cost of living is having on charities and community groups.
The data both nationally and locally shows there is a threat to the survival of some charities and, more commonly, there is an increased demand for services, loss of volunteers and budgets are being reduced or removed altogether for volunteering programmes and training.
We understand and appreciate the value volunteers bring and are committed to offering financial support to local volunteer involving charities and community groups.
Grants are available to fund costs directly related to involving volunteers. For example, specialist equipment or clothing, staff time, travel and out of pocket expenses, training to upskill volunteers, refreshments, DBS checks and insurance.
Below is a set of criteria for the Volunteering Fund.
• Organisations must be not-for-profit and based in or deliver activities in west Cheshire, although those in Chester and the surrounding areas are more likely to be funded
• Organisations must have an income of less than £300,000
• Grants can’t be given for expenditure already made
• Organisations must have a bank account in their name with at least two unrelated signatories
• Organisations must have the appropriate insurance in place (or use this funding to pay for it)
• Organisations must have the appropriate policies and procedures in place